Friday, November 13, 2009

Support

I apologize for yesterday's extreme downer of a post. I'm working my way out of the pre-test funk...slowly. It's still lingering today, but I'm fighting it a little harder. Let's just say my resolve was worn down by the end of yesterday. I'm know I've mentioned on here a time or two about how wonderful my mom is. I'm a big fan. This morning she sent me the most encouraging email. An email saying how she was praying for me and the specific scripture she was praying over me and talking about how they are there to support me. It made me so thankful for my family and friends who have walked with me through this year. My mom said something in her email about this year being a battle...I don't think I could have put it a better way. So thank you...all of you who have supported me. I love you and I am so thankful for you. I know for a fact that I am well loved and supported. Here's the verses my mom included in her email.

May He grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill all your purpose. We will sing for joy over your victory and in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the Lord fulfill all your petitions. He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand; some boast in chariots and some in horses but we will boast in the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20: 4-7

I love the truth from these verses that the victory will be the Lord's. It is so obvious to me through everything that's happened this year that I can do nothing in my own strength. When (I'm fighting the urge to say "if" there) I pass this test, I will boast in my God, because it is through His strength that I will have passed.

Side note: I am taking a Final Review class tomorrow. I got an email from the teacher saying it would last from "8:30 am - 7pm +". That plus sign scares me just a little! So if you think about it, say a prayer for my sanity! :)

2 comments:

Jen Haney said...

I will be praying for you!!! I hope you are able to relax this weekend! :)

Erin said...

Thank goodness for awesome moms and support systems. Hang in there, Sarah!!