Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For the Good

At the recommendation of Kristie, I have been listening to the new Shane & Shane album.  I really like it.  One song in particular, For the Good, has lyrics that just seem to be hitting me right where I am.  Particularly words like, "we like to take the blessing from You, shall we not take the trouble to, You are working all things out." I love how the theme of this song lines right up with what I've been learning in my own life in this year and what I've been teaching my girls in 1 Peter about suffering and the things that we will walk through when we choose to follow Christ.  There's no guarantee that it will be easy.  I know I've written about it before, but I love how amidst the hard times and the suffering God is there.  Calling us closer.  Making us more like him.  And teaching us about obedience.  I really like it and I apparently love reinforcement of the things the Lord is doing in my life in the form of song.






For The Good - Shane And Shane


When darkness is surrounding me
by Your Spirit, Lord help me sing
that You are working all things out
Lord, I really need to hear you speak
Remind me in the waiting
that You are working all things out

For the good of those
who are called by You
for the good of those
who are in Love with You
That's why we sing

Holy God of light
I lay down my life
Holy is the Lord
Even in the storm be glorified

We like to take the blessing from You
Shall we not take the trouble too
You are working all things out
We like to take prosperity
Shall we not take the suffering
You are working all things out

Holy are you Lord
even in the storm
be glorified
Worthy of affection

2 comments:

Erin said...

You've had one crazy year, my friend, and but I'm glad you're learning and finding encouragement.

Unknown said...

Diggin' it. :) So glad we've gotten to walk through (at least part of) this year together! You bless my life in so many ways!