Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

There are so many things I could say about my mom today. She is a godly woman who has brought the three of us up to love the Lord and led by example. I've been teaching Proverbs 31 to my small group this semester, and I consistently think of examples from my life involving my mom to put in our lessons. The way my mom served my dad and the three of us so selflessly is amazing. She was always doing things for us and had dinner on the table every night. She also has a great sense of humor and is so fun! My mom has gone back to work this year. It has been so cool to watch her serve the refugee community in Amarillo with her gifts. Some day when I have a family, I hope that I can serve them and love them the way my mom has.

Mom, I love you and am so thankful for the example you've set for me and the way that you have loved me.




No comments: