Sunday, May 10, 2009

Baptism

They showed this video at Shoreline on Sunday night.  It’s from Watermark’s baptism service last year.  I’ve seen it before, but it still brought tears to my eyes.  I love the way Watermark does baptism – it’s a huge celebration.  A celebration of the way God has chosen to redeem lives.  I always walk away so encouraged by it.  As I sat at Shoreline on Sunday, I thought about the fact that this is the God that I serve.  The God that is in the business of changing lives.  The God who seeks us out.  Who calls us to him.  I love what a sweet reminder this video was for me. Baptism is this next Sunday, and I’m so excited.  




Baptism Spring 08 from Steve V on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Caryn said...

Those videos are INCREDIBLE and move me to the same incredible awe of our God. I need you to tutor me on how to put them on the blog, I've tried and failed several times.

Sarah said...

I'm covered in goosebumps. Thank you for sharing (ok, so the CR phrase!) I missed Shoreline and with praying through one of my girl's decision to be baptized and the issues surrounding it, it was fabulous to be grounded again in the meaning and celebration of the decision and baptism as opposed to feeling frustrated as I have the past few days. Please continue to pray for her! It's been a bit difficult...

Kristie said...

i can't watch this and not cry. :)