Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Timing is everything...

I think God has a pretty good sense of humor. And honestly, I have been marveling at His timing a lot in the last couple of weeks. For some reason, it still catches me off guard when He brings people or circumstances into my life at just the right time. It happened again this morning. In light of my post yesterday, and just all of the things I have been processing through, I read this as a part of my time in the Word this morning:

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24

I'm behind on the Journey (our churches Bible reading plan), and I should have read these verses a couple of days ago, but I don't think they would have hit me quite the same way. Timing. I mean, these verses spoke directly to where I was this morning. Where I am right now in the stage of life. I'm learning - slowly, impatiently, and imperfectly learning that God wants to transform my life, transform the way my mind thinks about my circumstances, He wants more than my old, sinful life for me.

I love His timing. I love that I don't normally blog about these kind of things, I usually stick a couple of pictures up with a quick story and call it good. I like that as I'm processing these things, I'm in a month where I challenged myself to blog every day. It's fun. It's neat. But don't worry, I think the pictures will make a return tomorrow! :)

No comments: