Thursday, November 06, 2008

GAFIA


Every year my college roommates gather for what is called GAFIA. It stands for Getting Away From It All. It's our one weekend a year that we are guaranteed to all be in the same place at the same time. I love it more than anything. Natalie & Emily fly in tonight and head out to Nat's lake house with Michelle, Sarah & baby Harper, and I'll join them Friday, because, sadly, I have to work on Friday. Stinking no vacation days!!

I am so looking forward to this weekend...if you didn't already know that. I can't seem to stop talking about it. I love these girls, and the time that we get to spend together is so little that I like to soak up every minute of it. These are the friends my parents prayed for before they sent me off to college. They are the constant source of community in my life. No matter where we live, what life stage we're in, or what's going on in our lives they are always my closest and dearest friends. It all boils down to this: they are a gift from God and a huge blessing in my life and I am SO stinking excited about spending the weekend with them!

Picture from last year's GAFIA.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Can't wait. AND...I love that so much has changed since last year (marriage, a baby, new jobs, new life goals...crazy!) See you TOMORROW!

Natrudy said...

Sweet Friend, you are such a blessing! I'm so glad I got to see you this weekend.