Thursday, December 25, 2008

My first...

...speeding ticket. It's true. On the way home, I got a speeding ticket. In a town about the size of my little neighborhood in Dallas. A notorious speed trap. I had been driving for about 5 hours already and was getting to the point that I was VERY ready to be out of the car. I had the music up, singing at the top of my lungs. Confession - I'm pretty sure it was *NSync's Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays song that I was singing at that exact moment when I just didn't notice the speed limit sign telling me to slow down. I wish now, that I had the blogging foresight to take a picture of myself with the cop car lights in the background while he was writing up my ticket, but I didn't. He was a cute old man. I couldn't get mad at him. He reminded me of my great uncle Bobby. So, there it is. I made it almost 27 years without a ticket. Now that record is broken. I hope I don't start breaking more of my records, like no cavities, I would be sad. SO, defensive driving here I come!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

you should've cried...then maybe he would've let you off the hook.

i recommend defensive driving online. don't worry, i have the website if you need it :)

Sarah said...

Um, can I just say I'm the MOST jealous of your no cavity record! Stupid weak teeth that get a cavity from looking at a piece of sugar! But I do have a no speeding ticket record. :)