Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas

I know that pretty much everyone has posted this video on their blog. And, honestly, I've stopped watching the videos that people post because I'm just kind of tired of them. But, I finally sat down and watched this one, and I honestly can't get it out of my head. I spent some time on www.adventconspiracy.org and I'm actually inspired by it. Their slogan, if you will, is simple.
Worship Fully
Spend Less
Give More
Love All

Sounds fairly simple, but I know I get so caught up in the giving and receiving at Christmas. And I don't think the giving and receiving is bad, but I'm working on stepping a little out of my comfort zone this year. I'm making some of my gifts in an effort to spend less. It sounds small, but for me, it's a step. I know there are so many more things I can do, and I want to figure out what that looks like for me. BUT, what it boils down to, is this video challenged me, and I think it will do the same for you if you give it a chance.

2 comments:

Laura said...

swelch, i'm glad you finally watched it! i mean do you think we just post these for fun?...just kidding! i love you!

Natrudy said...

Our church showed this, and I was floored. I love that you are making more of your gifts this year. You've always been so crafty.