Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend in Bullets

  • This weekend was wonderful and great and I wasn't ready for it to end.
  • The temperatures were in the 60's and 70's...could not have asked for better weather.
  • Went to an event on Friday night and learned some more about sex trafficking.  I also watched a CNN special called Selling the Girl Next Door last week.  I'm completely floored by all of this.  Even though I've heard, even though my dad is working with it all the time, there's something about it that just kind of slapped me in the face last week.  I want to do something.  I'm starting to think and pray about how I might get involved here in Dallas.
  • I walked 9 miles around White Rock with Shawn Saturday morning.  We didn't set out to go that far, but the weather was almost too perfect not too.  
  • I got a hair cut.  A much needed hair cut.
  • I read for fun.  One of my favorite things.
  • I celebrated Charlie's 30th birthday with great friends.  Pictures to come, but it was a special time celebrating a wonderful friend.  
  • I went on a run in my neighborhood Sunday morning.  I'm kicking it into training mode again to see if I can handle busy season and training in order to run the Big D half with my sister on her birthday.  Busy season isn't really busy yet, so I'm going to give it a few more weeks of training before I actually sign up.
  • I got a ton of stuff accomplished around the house.  Changed air filters, packed up old dishes, grocery shopped for the week, and made chili in anticipation of the cold weather.
  • And topped off the weekend with acoustic worship at Shoreline...always a favorite.
  • Is it Friday yet? I'm ready for another weekend!

No comments: