Monday, July 02, 2007

Joy in my heart!

I'm feeling so overwhelmed this morning. I just spent a wonderful weekend with my family, seeing what Rebekah does, getting to experience a little of her life, and it was just so good. And tomorrow I get to see my favorite people in the whole world.

I was sitting in my office this morning when I realized that tomorrow night I will be sitting at a lake house with the college roomies, and I was truly so filled with joy that I had tears in my eyes. These are my favorite people, the ones who know me and don't even have to try at it. The people who walked with me through those wonderful college years. And tomorrow we will all be in one place...words can't express how excited I am.

I love my life in Dallas, I really do, but I really miss walking in my front door and these girls being there. Life in Dallas is just so much more complex....starting over with friendships isn't fun. There aren't people here who know me that well yet. I know a lot of that is my own fault - The first year & a half I lived here I didn't try very hard at making friends and stepping out of my comfort zone. Since I started trying to branch out, I just haven't found those people who fit me like Michelle, Natalie, and Sarah do. I'm praying hard for friends like that here who are in my everyday life, but no one will ever replace these girls! Emily - you will most definitely be missed this week - it's not a 9106 gathering without you!

There's so much fun stuff happening this week. First the lake house, then Thursday getting together with a lot of my old KXA girls who are here for Jessica's wedding, Friday night Steph is staying with me, and then Saturday the wedding. What a truly great week!!!!!

I will give you the full update once it's over!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having such a wonderful week! Make the most of it. =)

Anonymous said...

Welch, I adore you and echo your joy at the time we all spent together this week!
--meesh

Natrudy said...

Oh my goodness, this IS a tear-jerker - meesh you were right!! Welchy, you are my heart friend. Those are so rare and hard to come by. I have felt the exact same things that you do. There will be no other people in this world who know me like you girls do. How sweet true fellowship is!