Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter

This month has been full of Harry Potter for me! I had never seen any of the movies, even though I had read all the books, so Julia & I went back and watched the first four movies in preparation for the release of the fifth movie. After I saw the fifth movie last weekend I decided I had to re-read the sixth book in order to get ready for the release of the last book this weekend. I finished the book last night, and I think i'm grateful for a small Harry Potter break before my book arrives tomorrow. One night this week I was reading it before I went to sleep, and I'm pretty sure it gave me nightmares!

Two days until IronGirl...I'm getting a little nervous. I know I'm capable of doing everything separately, but putting all the parts together definitely makes me a little nervous. The swim is definitely the scariest part for me - I am NOT a swimmer. My goal is just to finish, get my pink medal, and possibly never do another triathlon! It has been so good for me - it's caused me to be very disciplined in my exercise routine and I'm in the best shape I've probably ever been in. But, I think I'm going to go back to just running for a while. Dad & Deb are going to come down in December, and we are going to run the White Rock half marathon...should be fun to do something with them!

The thing that excites me the most right now is Brazil. After our meeting on Sunday, I just wanted to go home & pack. Put me on the plane now! I looked at pictures of my Brazil trip from college this week, which made me even more eager to go! We're praying the the plane crash in Sao Paulo this week won't cause any problems for us, as they are thinking of shutting down the airport where the crash happened. We will actually fly into the other aiport in Sao Paulo, but I've read that if they shut down the aiport, it could disrupt air travel all over South America.

I'll post pictures if I can find anyone to take them at the race on Sunday.

No comments: