Monday, July 16, 2007

No Retreat!

Sadly our retreat got cancelled this weekend. The staff got out there Thursday morning to set everything up, and then when they woke up Friday morning, the water had been cut off. Apparently there was no water anywhere around Possum Kingdom because of all the flodding...crazy!

It ended up being a good weekend despite not getting to go on the retreat. Friday I hung out & watched Pride & Prejudice with LB & Shawn. Saturday I ran & had a great breakfast with Michelle at Panera - oh how I love cinammon crunch bagels! I sat around and read a lot this weekend. I finished The Lights of Tenth Street which was recommended to me by a coworker, and it is SO good. Not super light reading, but good fiction. I also started re-reading the 6th Harry Potter to prepare myself for the last one that comes out this next weekend. I'm kind of sad it will all be over soon. Saturday night, a group of us who were supposed to be on the retreat met up at the Northpark food court and then went to see the Harry Potter movie. I liked it, of course the movies never live up to the books, but it was good all the same.

Sunday I had a Brazil meeting. It got me super excited to leave on our trip. I can hardly wait to get on that boat & head down the Amazon river! Our team really seems to be bonding - I think it's going to be a great trip!

6 days until Iron Girl! I can't wait for it to be over. It should generally be fun, but I'm quite ready for a reprieve from the intense training schedule.

No comments: