Monday, May 01, 2006

the stars at night...

This weekend I got the joy of escaping the city. Not that there is anything wrong with Dallas, but sometimes you just need a little of the country. I get a little stir crazy if you leave me in the city for too long. I went down to camp with LB to help her paint the infirmary and it was a lot of fun. I realized how much I miss being outside - I really like the outdoors. The thing I was the most excited about, of course, was the stars. Growing up in Fritch, you can see the stars everywhere, but all you can see in Dallas are the airplanes flying by. I really miss the stars a lot. The first night we were there it was too cloudy to see the stars - I was a little disappointed. Saturday though, we went traipsing through the woods and I got to see the most amazing stars I've seen in a long time. I miss that. Everyone should get to see the stars more often!

I have a lot of studying to look forward to this week and some fun times with friends in between. I'm counting down the days till my test, then moving. I went over to see Julia when she was packing yesterday, and I got pretty jealous! She gets to move before me, and it made me want to go home and start packing my boxes!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of our handiwork from this weekend. Keep in mind this is the very unfinished product. I left LB to work for the rest of the week. I'm sure you'll be able to check her blog and see what the finished product looks like soon, but I was quite proud of what we did in a weekend.

Our badger - I'm sure he has a fishing pole in his hand by now :)
He's my favorite part!

LB in front of the mountain and bear cave.

No comments: