Monday, September 05, 2011

Getting Away...

...From It All. Otherwise known as GAFIA.  Our yearly college girl get together.  I'm kind of like a broken record when it comes to my time with these girls, but I just could not be more thankful for them.  I knew that these girls were a huge blessing in my life during college, but I had no idea what it would look like for us to walk through life together all these years later.  Through weddings, kids, people living in different states and different countries.  Through hard times, and struggles, and disappointments in life.  These girls have become a constant source of encouragement in my life. 

I am so thankful for the way God placed each of us together through our time at Baylor.  I'm thankful for a weekend where we are all together.  I'm thankful for time set aside to look back at the year before and share with friends what God has done and where I've struggled.  I'm thankful for people who know me.  People with whom there are no pretenses.  I love you girls and I wish we could go back to the lake house!!!

 We started out our time at the lake house with some exercise.  Yes, we did Tae Bo.  It was like 108 degrees outside.  You do what you've gotta do!

 Loaded Questions has become a staple of our weekend.  It's really fun to play with people you know well!

 Michelle was the winner!

 It was stinking hot!

 The lake was low, so we spent a lot of time in the pool and playing games in the backyard.

 We played Bocce Ball - we were clearly the winners!

 Sad, sad losers!

 And there was ladder ball.  We one that too.
I should probably note that the other team did actually win our final game of Bocce ball.

Love you girls so much!!!

No comments: