Thursday, August 12, 2010

Outside the Camp

I spent this last weekend on "beautiful" Lake Bob Sandlin with my fellow student ministries leaders.  It really was a great weekend of getting to spend time with community and friends I know well, but also branching out and meeting some new people and getting to know people I already knew better.  

Friday night we played the inevitable spades game.  Very similar to last year.  But a little more interesting...and even longer (think 3am).  Bryan & I took on Nick & Mike...and needless to say, the outcome was not good (only because of pure luck and nine spades in one hand for Nick).  We will be running the White Rock half dressed in a costume of their choosing.  Good thing I was already planning on running it...which is more than I can say for my partner. Should be fun...or maybe more like interesting.

Saturday was filled with extended time in the Word, tubing and other fun boat activities, semi-spraining my ankle jumping/being pushed off a deck during the boy's crazy water bottle game and some wonderful time as worship, prayer, and sharing as a group. 

I always love this weekend.  Getting out of Dallas.  Making new friends.  Catching up and connecting with old ones.  Overall, such a wonderful time.  Now if I could only catch up on my sleep!

Shades can be used for cheating...until you're caught, of course!

Things were probably still tame at this point.

I know Robyn, there's no explaining what was happening at this table.

Me, Brittnye & Laura. 

KJ & Jen - I kind of like them.

The wonderful people I get to serve with!

**all pictures stolen from the WSM Flickr.

No comments: