Friday, August 20, 2010

Nat's Engaged!!!

This weekend I got to celebrate the engagement of a very special friend to a very special guy!  Natalie & Amory got engaged on Saturday morning.  He had called in the reinforcements beforehand and recruited Charlie & Michelle to be with them so that they could take pictures.  And then he planned a wonderful engagement party/dinner for all her close friends and family.  It was seriously such a blast and such an honor to get to celebrate these two!

And I got the privilege of delivering the extra special surprise to the party - Emily Borders!!!!  (She lives in Paris right now...hence the excessive exclamation points.) She was already in the states, vacationing with her family, and Amory got in touch with her to have her fly in for the surprise.

I could not be more excited for these two.  They are getting married in December when Natalie is on her longest break from PT school, and it is going to be a blast.  That is, if she survives cramming wedding planning into such a short engagement!

The happy couple.  Michelle & Charlie used my camera, so I got lucky and have some pictures from that morning!

The bling!


She was obviously quite surprised to see Emily!

Me & Michelle - I just really liked the picture

Apparently I need to practice my cake writing skills...they are a little iffy.

My favorite girls - Emily, Michelle, Natalie, me & Sarah (and little Brody)

On Sunday we got in some wedding dress shopping while Emily was still in town.  She actually found her dress that day!

The girls waiting for Nat to come out.  Emily, Alex & Abby (Amory's sisters), and Carissa (one of Natalie's high school friends).


Wedding dress shops have fun mirrors for taking pictures in...I might have had a little too much fun!

Round 2 of dress shopping we had Harper.  She really liked trying on all the shoes.  (And she's so cute I think I might steal her - watch out Sarah!)

Tons more engagement & party pics found here.  No dress shopping ones though...we can't have any pictures of the dress leaking out there in the world!

1 comment:

Natrudy said...

I LOOOOOVEEEEEE this post!!! I'm so very glad you guys were such an integral part of this day. It made it all the more special to me.