Friday, January 01, 2010

The End

As I sit here and think about the last year, as I'm sure you know, it's not filled with all happy thoughts.  It's been rough.  But in all the things that were thrown at me, there was such a sweetness that came in my relationship with God.  Such a nearness.  Because it was the only way I could keep plugging on - with Him right beside me.  And when I sit and ponder that part of this last year, I could not be more thankful for the way things have gone.  Not that I'm wishing for another year like 2009 - I could definitely do without that for a while.  But I will be forever grateful for the way God has shaped me, and molded me, and drawn me to him this year.  It has been one heck of a roller coaster for which, in hindsight, I can say that I am grateful for. 

As I laid in bed last night after I rang in the new year with my family, I prayed for the year to come.  Because, you see, things seem to be looking up.  No more studying, the possibility of buying a house, and just some fun stuff on the horizon for my life.  And while things looking up is good, it also scares me.  Braun did all the talks for the ski trip.  He talked about kings of the Bible, and how some of them were faithful to God, some weren't, and some were faithful based only on the circumstances of their life.  I don't want to be the latter.  I don't want to be someone who only walks closely with the Lord when things are hard.  My prayer for 2010 is that I would grow closer to the Lord, not out of desperation in hard times, but solely because I love Him and want to know Him more. My prayer is that my life would bring glory to God, in good times and in bad.

Glory to God 
Glory to God
Glory to God Forever

Take my Life and Let it Be
All For You and For Your Glory
Take my Life and Let it Be Yours
         - Glory to God, Steve Fee
 

1 comment:

Caryn said...

I hear you on this one Sarah. As I look at my life over the past year and the lack of highs and lows drawing me to Christ I am challenged to draw near to him even when my life is rolling along steady eddie!