Thursday, October 15, 2009

Worship

Last night I was sitting and catching up on my bible study for community group. I was loving several things it had to say about the greatness and goodness of God and how that should stir our hearts to worship. I was particularly hit by this quote from Louie Giglio's book The Air I Breathe that was in the margin.

"Worship is our response to what we value most...So how do you know where and what you worship? It's easy. You simply follow the trail of your time, your affection, your energy, your money, and your allegiance. At the end of that trail you'll find a throne; and whatever, or whomever, is on that throne is what's of highest value to you. On that throne is what you worship."

Those words were super convicting to me. It was very humbling to sit and think about how often people or position or things have ended up on those thrones! And challenging to consider how I make sure I get God there and keep Him there.

No comments: