Friday, October 02, 2009

Back in the game...

I'm doing it. I'm going to really start running again. Not just the two or three miles I do on the treadmill at the gym a few times a week, but really running and training. I signed up yesterday for the Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon on March 14th. It leaves me plenty of time to get in shape before the real training begins. I have missed having a race to train for since Lisa, Kyla & I did White Rock two years ago. I'm excited for weekend mornings running around the lake again. And for training in the winter as opposed to the summer...hooray! So...if anyone wants to run it with me, it should be fun!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Um, fun? I don't think running and fun should ever be put in the same sentence. And I mean ever. Haha.

I have considered potentially training for a triathlon. So far I've done a big fat nothing, but would love to have a weekend run with you at some point! Your enthusiasm can be my "drug" to keep going when I want to crawl and lie down. :)

Natrudy said...

Yea this is super exciting!! I will hopefully be there to cheer you on!

Sarah Sherman said...

Woo Hoo!! So excited for you! I'll be there to cheer you on =)

Kristie said...

I'm with Sarah. Running and fun are mutually exclusive. But I've been considering taking up running again just for the emotional benefits. :)

Karla said...

I'm with you! Let's do it together!