Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Removing Wanda...

In case you're wondering who Wanda is...that is currently the best name entry for the cyst. I kind of think it works! Thank you Stephanie! Anyhow, Wanda is going to make her dramatic exit from my body on March 2nd...less than three weeks from now...which is more time than I thought I would have. I have found that this is a good and bad thing. Bad because I am still in pain and I was mentally prepared to have her out sooner, but good because I get to do things like go to Philadelphia and visit my sister this weekend with my whole family.

The thought of having surgery (and my mom and various other visitors in my room while I'm recovering) lit a cleaning and organizing fire under me this last weekend. I went through clothes and got rid of a ton I don't wear anymore, went and got Elfa shelves from the Container Store (it was all on sale!) for this awkward spot in my closet that I've never known what to do with, and just did a thorough cleaning of my room. Now I just have to keep it all organized for a couple of more weeks!

I'm so excited for my trip to Philly. I hear it's a great, super fun city. And they have H&M. And my wonderful little sister...maybe that should have been first on the list! More than anything, I'm just excited to get away with my family for the weekend...away from work, away from Dallas, away from everyday life! Another added bonus is that I will get to try out my new Christmas present that just came in the mail last week...my very wonderful Nikon DSLR camera. Basically, it's fancy, and I'm so excited to really learn how to take pictures! SO, expect some fun ones upon my return!

3 comments:

Caryn said...

So jealous of your organized closet! I am confident that mine is NOT living up to its potential. Have fun in Philly!

Laura said...

excuse me miss welch, you left off wanda's last name. please update your blog immediately. thank you.

Erin said...

I can't WAIT to see awesome pictures from your Philly adventure! Oh, H&M...I can now conveniently walk past one on my way home. =) More incentive to visit me!

Good luck with Wanda - I hope you don't become too close in the next few weeks, because I definitely want you to be able to part with her...it...whatever.