Monday, February 16, 2009

Philly...part one

This weekend my family was in Philly visiting Rebekah. My report is going to be slightly fragmented because currently the only pictures I have are the ones I took on my phone. I haven't had a chance to get the ones off my camera yet.

We spent the day Saturday seeing part of the world my sister lives in. We went up to the Mission Year office in north Philly in the morning for brunch with other visiting families, and then rode the subway and trolley back down to Rebekah's neighborhood in southwest Philly. We got to see Rebekah's house and walk around her neighborhood a little bit. We saw the school where her and her roommates do an after school program every day and where she shops for her groceries.

I think this was my favorite part of the trip. I love that I now have a visual of where she walks and serves every day. The rest of our trip was pretty touristy, and I have many more fun pictures, but it was really fun to see where she lives and spends the majority of her time. These are a few pictures of our walking tour of her neighborhood...taken very inconspicuously on my phone!





No comments: