Friday, January 09, 2009

Sooo...I'm a little late

But better late than never. Ski Trip. It was so much fun. I had 2 girls from my small group and 2 other freshman girls in my room. The girls were great. We had a blast in our room, even if it was smaller than almost all of the other rooms and when I got up in the middle of the night I tripped over 5 pairs of shoes just to get to the bathroom!


Haley, me & Rachel at dinner.


My room on New Year's Eve

The skiing was fantastic. We were at Copper Mountain and had the most fantastic weather. I got to ski with some leaders that I didn't know very well for most of the week, and had so much fun getting to know them! I defintiely found that skiing is a little more challenging for my body these days. I must be getting old!


Kristin & I taking a break!

At night we had club with worship and a talk from Braun, our student ministries director. And some of the funniest skit characters I have seen yet...and I've seen a lot of them in the last few years. I love this part of ski trip. It made me think back to my high school ski trips and how much fun I had on them, but also, how much more our kids are getting from trips like this. They aren't just seen as fun, but as a time where we can really pour truth into our students. I love it!




Lorenzo LaQuinta and the LaQuinta "Bellboys"

The last night there, before we got on the bus to head home, we had a worship night. It was a great time of worship and time for students to repent of sins that had a hold on their lives and ways that they weren't living fully for Christ. At one point a guy who wasn't even from our group who just wandered into the room got up and said just how blown away he was by this group of high school students and the fact that they were being so open and so real with their worship. I think it was a great reminder how blessed we are to be a part of this ministry and just how incredible these students really are!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm so glad the trip went so well!! I certainly hope you're feeling better, too, and not too stuck in the studying. Love you, friend!