Friday, March 16, 2007

Nashville

Last weekend was my trip to Nashville and it was so much fun! Friday night when I got to Nashville Nat & Em picked me up and we went grocery shopping so that we could cook dinner at their apartment. It was great fun hanging out and catching up in person with those girls.

Saturday morning we woke up for a run in Percy Warner park, which ended up being more of a walk for me because it was so hilly, and I'm not in that kind of running shape yet! Then I got to meet child genius Wilson, Emily's nephew. He was SO adorable!! After that we made our way to downtown Franklin to meet Cos for lunch and ended up catching an Irish festival while we were there. Saturday night we went to dinner with some of their friends and Valerie, then headed downtown to the Stage where we heard some fabulous live music.

Nat, Em & me at The Stage

The Band LOVED Natalie!

Sunday I went to church with Natalie & Valerie. I helped Nat with the 4 & 5 year olds. I'd forgotten how much fun kids that age are - they warm up to you so fast and want to be your friend. So fun! After church we went to Emily's parents house for lunch and not long after that it was back to the airport. It was an absolutely amazing weekend, and I can't wait to go back in August for Em's birthday celebration!

I've decided to run a 10K with my friend Lisa. I can't believe I'm actually running. My parents are in town this weekend and Dad took my to the running store to get fitting for shoes tonight AND he payed for them. We are running the Zoo Run Run in Fort Worth April 28th. I'm really excited, but I'm scared that I won't be able to do it!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yay, a Nashville update. I had so much fun, and I can't wait until August. How's the training schedule coming? New shoes? SO fun! Happy running...and by they way, I completely believe you can do this race.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Welchy, come back!! We LOVED having you here. The other half of my bed said to tell you it misses you!! :-)