Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Don't Stop Believing...

So, high school began with a flashback to the 80's. Our high school kick off for church was an 80's skate party. It was hilarious!!!I mean, none of the kids were even alive in the 80's and honestly, I only have a slight memory of my life during that time. The skating rink though, was straight from my childhood. I'm pretty sure they picked up the skating rink from Borger, Texas and plopped it down in the middle of Lake Highlands! Some of my girls had never been in plain roller skates, only rollerblades, so it was hilarious to watch them fumble along in their skates. We played all the games that we played at the many skating birthday parties I went to growing up and oh how it brought back the memories. I even managed to stay in for 3 rounds of limbo before I completley busted trying to get under that stupid bar. I'm not as coordinated as I once was! Here are some pictures from the evening.




Notice the nike shorts...I'm pretty sure those didn't exist in the 80's. :)

2 comments:

Sarah Sherman said...

I love the outfits. Reading this post made me remember all of those birthday skating parties from our childhood.

Anonymous said...

seriously. those kids don't have a clue what it was like in the real 80s, although the 2 girls on the right end have it down pretty good.