Wednesday, October 18, 2006

State Fair Fun

One of the perks of my new job is Fair Day. Yes, that's right, I got paid to go to the State Fair with all of my coworkers. I had never been before, so it was super exciting for me. I had a Fletcher's corn dog and a funnel cake - SO good. I didn't venture into the crazy fried things, I decided to stick with the things I knew I would like. It was just a great day to get to know some of my coworkers that I didn't know very well at all. We went to the bird show and rode some rides; it was overall a pretty fun day!

As for a job update - it's going well. I know I will be glad when I'm not so new and don't have to be told how to do everything, but I also know that I will get there. Thank goodness! I still absolutely love working with the people I do - it is such an encouraging work place. There are also things like staff prayer every Tuesday morning that make me feel like I'm not even at work.

This weekend I'm headed to Pine Cove with my 7th grade girls. It will be a great time, full of fun and hyperactive junior high kids! It's a jam packed weekend of activities, but it is such great time for small groups to bond. I love it! I will definitely put up pictures when I get back!

No comments: