Thursday, September 07, 2006

Launch Retreat

For Labor Day weekend I went a young adults retreat with my church at Pine Cove. Even though it wasn't my usual favorite thing to do - because it involved getting out of my comfort zone a lot more than I would like - I ended up having a lot of fun. There were a lot of team games - which means I got to play a significant amount of volleyball, which means I have been a bit sore this week! The speakers were great - I always enjoy our pastor, and I'll jump on any oppurtunity to hear Matt Chandler speak! I'm excited about showing up to more young adult things at church now because I'll actually know some more people.

My possible favorite part of the weekend was just getting to be outside. East Texas is absolutely georgous with the trees and the weather cooled off just right. It was so nice to be out of the city and just enjoy the outdoors!

My student ministries girls
Bridget, Melissa, Katie, Sarah
Amanda, Lindsey, Me, Abby, Brooke

Me & LB

The beautiful trees & lake

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

We need a job update...have you started the new one yet?

Love ya!