Friday, June 02, 2006

Fun Weekend

So, I've been meaning to post about this last weekend and since a new weekend is upon us, I thought I should go ahead and do it. I went home for the weekend, which is always fun. It was great just to get to spend some time with family & relaxing. I got to see MaMa, eat good food, and make homemade icecream, it was just and overall great weekend. Another high point of the weekend was getting to have sno-cones, since Dallas has none of them anywhere, it was great to be in a city where you can just drive down the street and get one! Deborah got all packed up for the big move to Oklahoma City while I was home. I can't believe she started her first job this week. Crazy! I also found out that Darby, one of my best friends from high school, is engaged. I thought I was done with the bridesmaid thing for awhile, but it looks like I get to kick it in to that mode again!

I came back Sunday night so that I could spend some of the weekend here in Dallas and not be rushed starting the week. Monday night I got to a fun concert in the park with Julia, LB, and a couple of their fun school friends. The Dallas symphony orchestra played, there were fireworks when it got dark, AND it was completely free. That's my kind of event! It reminded me of the things I would go to with my grandparents whenever I would come visit them in Fort Worth for the 4th of July. It was SO fun! Here's a couple of pictures.

Julia, Susan, LB, Me

I love Fireworks!

No comments: