Friday, March 16, 2012

Entitled...

I read this blog post yesterday and it really stuck with me.  There are so many times that I think I have made something happen or that I deserve something.  Most of the time I can creep into that mindset without even realizing it.  I start thinking things like the ones he mentioned in the blog post:
Life should revolve around ME.
Relationships are about meeting MY needs.
Fruitful ministry is the result of MY effort.
The things I have are because of MY hard work.
In reality, everything I have and everything I am has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the God who lives in me and who I allow to use me when He sees fit.  I love the list at the end of the post of questions that I feel like I should ask myself more often:
Who did it?
Who grew it?
Who led it?
Who inspired the idea?
Who got you through the crisis?
Who took it to the next level?
He did. As in, not you.
You should take a second and read the whole post - it's really good and filled with reminders that every good and perfect gift is from him, including my trials. (See also James 1).

No comments: